After many years of blogging on various websites, especially Jozito.com but also LinkedIn, Medium, and others, I’m happy to finally introduce my email newsletter Heigh Ho — powered by Substack — where it’s off to work we go with info and insight about work, workplaces, and worker well-being.
Please check it out and subscribe now with the form below.
These links transport you to the most recent, complete articles at Heigh Ho:
- Is Snow White's truth stranger than fiction? As 5 million kids toil in mines globally and battle lines are drawn for and against US child labor, now's […]
- The original-ish fairy tale published by The Brothers Grimm
- 6 all-important study findings, plus 4 tips for your playlist
- Work is important to our identity, social network, and wellbeing. But at some point, it drains us.
- The influence of pop culture — including media targeted to the kiddos — shouldn’t be underestimated. Decoding it helps explain how and why we show up at […]
- Let's animate our understanding of our own jobs and work life, and use the classic film for a fun ride through topics like job crafting, DEI, emotional […]
- Don't make workers choose between benefits and exercising their rights, Board rules
- In this beta edition of "Heigh Ho," Bob Merberg asks whether presenteeism is whitewashed for CEOs. Speaking of CEOs, they attest profits are not the only purpose […]
- A Hot Job or Just Blowing Smoke?
- Real quotes from layoff notices tech CEOs sent to their employees… along with translations to what they may really mean.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) recently announced the Top 10 fitness trends for 2023, based on its international survey of fitness professionals, who were asked to […]
- Is our problem "The Failed Promise of Online Mental Health Treatment" or the failed promise of mental health treatment in general?
- Gallup recently published new data showing an increase in American's self-reported mental ill-health. As Gallup put it: Americans’ positive self-assessments of their mental health are the lowest […]
- Here’s a list of the Top 10 Books I chose not to read in 2022 and suggest you don’t read in 2023. Books are from Amazon’s current […]
- The majority of US railroad workers reportedly aren't eligible for paid sick time, a statutory benefit in most industrialized nations. This is the centerpiece of the current […]
- Jonathan Malesic, in Mental Health Days Are Only a Band-Aid Solution for Burnout, wrote the book on burnout — literally. (I recommend his painstakingly researched The End […]
- Workplace psychology idol Adam Grant recently stirred up a social media brouhaha with his uncharacteristic tweet bemoaning students who expect credit for their effort. He insists that […]
- Acting as if employees who can't work from home don't exist flies in the face of the diversity, equity, and inclusion values HR leaders purport to hold […]
- The last interview of Jen Arnold's Redesigning Wellness podcast… I was honored by Jen inviting me to interview her to chat about what she’s learned from her […]
- Organizational interventions may be better than individual solutions for burnout. But at best they're supported by weak evidence of moderate benefit.